Picture researchers find suitable pictures for use in a wide range of media products including Advertisements, Books, Magazines, Newspapers, Catalogues, Television programmers etc.It is essential to have excellent picture knowledge and photographic experience. Relevant work experience is normally essential.
- 1. Negotiating terms and conditions of contracts
- 2. Establishing time scales and budgets
- 3. Determining project requirements
- 4. Liaising closely with clients
- 5. Undertaking relevant research
- 6. Sourcing appropriate pictures and images for assigned projects
- 7. Exploring all picture sources including online image banks and stock photo libraries
- 8. Deciding when to use existing images or to commission a photographer
- 9. Negotiating fair prices for pictures
- 10. Handling images with care and protecting them from loss or damage
- 11. Building computer archives of images
- 12. Keeping accurate records of pictures
- 13. Obtaining correct caption and credit information
- 14. Using specialist software for editing and manipulating images
- 15. Working with other professionals including writers, reporters, graphic designers and editors
- 16. Keeping up to date with rules and regulations governing the use of images.
Responsible to: Editor in Chief
External Relationships: Clearing and negotiating rights of the reproduction of images.
Internal Relationships: Analyzing and managing images of every format, including digital files, transparencies, prints, and illustrations, for defects, both technical and aesthetic.
Salary: Compensation based on Experience
Experience: Minimum 5 years